At the core of ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems lies a broad and deep experience in entrance automation, with a wealth of expertise and a strong history of proven solutions. Our well-known global product brands Besam, Crawford, Albany and Megadoor are established market leaders in their fields since decades.
- The ASSA ABLOY Group was formed through the merger of ASSA in Sweden and Abloy in Finland in 1994-. The Entrance Systems division was formed in 2006.
- Besam became a part of ASSA ABLOY Group in 2002. The company was established in 1962 with development of automatic doors for the healthcare sector; soon expansion was made into other sectors such as retail and transportation.
- Crawford became a part of ASSA ABLOY Group in 2011. Crawford originally started out manufacturing garage doors and already in the 1950s began focusing on industrial doors and loading dock equipment. Application areas include distribution and logistics and manufacturing.
- Megadoor joined ASSA ABLOY Group in 2011.The first Megadoor vertical lifting fabric door was developed in 1973 as a kiln door for the forestry industry, with mining, shipyard and aviation applications soon to follow.
- Albany became a part of ASSA ABLOY Group in 2012. Albany presented the world’s first high-speed fabric roll-up door in 1968, moving on to develop high-performance doors for a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, mining and cleanrooms.